Monday, July 11, 2016

Week of July 11, 2016



Hey y'all sorry I haven't wrote a letter the last couple weeks. We have been super busy out here. Lots has happened over the last couple weeks. We had transfers last week! Luckily I will be staying here in Winner! Elder Musacchia was transferred to Mile City, Montana. Elder Mangum is my new companion we have had a good first few days together so I'm excited for the rest of this transfer!  

This week we were able to go to the wedding of Horatio and Jen. They are Jared's (the kid who just got baptized) parents. The wedding was at the church and it went really well.  They want to be able to go to the temple and be sealed within the next year we are excited to be able to help them get there. We are working with Horatio right now trying to help him get the priesthood. 

I am now the district leader of the Winner district. We had our first district meeting where I had to give the training. I wasn't really sure what to give the training on. So I was sitting at my desk flipping through my scriptures and through my Preach my Gospel. I couldn't really find anything so I was kinda stressin. I was looking around my desk and I saw an old ensign and started flipping through that to try and find something. I found something titled "Asking the Right Questions in the Right Way" The meeting went pretty good, but the best part is later that night I got a text from the Sister's in my district and they said what I had taught helped them a ton in a lesson that they had had that day. Receiving inspiration is amazing! And the best part is that is something we can all receive by following the commandments, prayer, and studying your scriptures. God wants to help us but to many people just ask and aren't willing to do there part. "2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a work man that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." If we do our part and do all that we can God will help us. Often people say the God wont give us trials that we cant handle, I disagree with that. God often gives us trials we cant handle but as we turn to Jesus Christ he will help us but only after we do all we can.    

We also went to a couple of baseball games with Molly and watched her kids play. They lost in the championship game which is why they are not to happy in some of the pictures. We also were invited to a baseball bbq.​​

Hope you all have a great week love you all!!

Love,

Elder Brinkerhoff





No comments:

Post a Comment