Friday, May 27, 2016

Week of March 27, 2016



Hey Yall! I hope that everyone had a good week and did something exciting this week! This week has been good. On Friday we had ZTM (zone training meeting). Which means we got to go to Pierre! Which also means we were able to hit up a Walmart so we were able to get some shopping in. Its hard to shop here cause everything is like triple the price so its a huge pain. 

I really enjoyed the ZTM that we had this last week. Some one said "God must be up to something good or Satan wouldnt be working this Hard" I really like that. I challange you all to ponder over that this week! 

Also this week while we were volunteering at the Long Term Care Center I was taking this guy back to his room and when we got to his room he had a few pictures of Tiger Woods on his wall in a couple of pictures he was playing with Tiger.  I asked him about the pictures, he couldn't talk very well due to having a stroke but I was able to get that him and Tiger were buddy's when Tiger  was in college at Stanford and they played together a few times. I told him that I played golf in High School and he got the biggest smile on his face. I told him that the Masters tournament was on Friday he told me that he had been to the masters to watch a few times. He showed me some pictures of when he was there. It made him so happy to be able to talk to someone about golf for a couple mins and he said I could come back and talk golf anytime I wanted too.  Later that night one of the nurses told me that I made his whole week by just talking to him for a few minutes.  It feels so good to be able to help people out even if its just something small like this. I challenge all of you to go out and give service to someone, you may even make there week!

Today for P-Day we went fishing at the Curt & Molly Calhoon ranch. One of the other voulnteers from the long term care place invited us to go out to there ranch and go fishing in a pond that they have. We caught 19 fish all together I caught 11 including a 7 lb 26 inch monster! I'll send pics for proof lol. We are trying to build a good relationship with Molly and her family so that we will be able to teach her and her family! So far we are off to a pretty good start!

Also this week we are going to go to Minot to see a concert! Its Nashville Tribute so it should be pretty fun! Minus the 8 hour drive to Minot from here. Presidnet Hess is taking all the missionaries in the mission were not supposed to wear our tags or are mission clothes so its going to be a little different but its going to be awesome!! The reason for this is cause we dont want to scare anyone by having 142 missionaries there haha. 

I hope you all have an exciting week! Love you all!! 

Love, 

Elder Brinkerhoff




No comments:

Post a Comment